I am not hip, cool, down with the kids, whatever you want to call it. I love music but I listen to radio 2 and radio 4 which thankfully means I avoid most of the stuff that is in the charts. I also do not watch crap factor or any other of those type of shows. However despite all this I do know who One Direction are, one of those things that are quite hard to avoid.
Which leads me onto this weeks Listography where Kate is asking us to list 5 things we want our children to know are better than One Direction. This may well be the easiest and fastest Listography I have ever done so without further dilly dallying here’s my 5.
- My foot; potentially my least favourite part of my body, a result of all that running which inevitably leads to pretty manky feet. Still better than One Direction though.
- My hair; if you’ve seen a recent photo of me you’ll notice the distinct lack of hair on top of my head. Balding hair isn’t really up there at the top of the hair rankings yet it’s still better than One Direction.
- The greatest try never scored; even if you’re not a rugby or sports fan you have to watch this video. Can you imagine the piss take he experienced from his team mates after this. Legendary. Still despite all this still better than One Direction.
- Mini disc’s; remember them? Promised a lot, the next big thing after CD’s, yet delivered very little. Now ancient history, long forgotten since Apple launched the first iPod. Still better than One Direction.
- Oasis; let’s be honest if the Gallagher brothers appeared in an audition on crap factor they’d never make it through and would get asked back at the end to sing with the other weirdo’s for one last time. The shouty lead singer who can’t really sing and his quiet brother who plays guitar well but that’s about it. Still, I’d rather listen to Champagne Supernova on repeat for the rest of my life than One Direction.