This is the first time I’ve taken part in this linky, but as I found myself sat at the computer on a Sunday morning with a baby fast asleep upstairs I thought I’d finally have a go at joining in. So here’s my 5 things that make Christmas Christmas.
- Putting the tree up, a real tree of course and it has to be taller than me so that when you cut the netting off it fills half the room. I do the lumberjack duties getting it to fit in the stand and the lady of the manor is in charge of design.
- A Christmas day run; come rain, shine, snow or hail I go for a run on Christmas day. Normally mid morning after presents have been opened. The perfect way to work up an appetite for the feast to come and also probably the quietest time of the year to be out running. Now of course the hound comes to.
- Christmas wine delivery from Majestic Wine; this is my job in the Christmas planning, love deciding what to match with each meal, picking out new wines and drooling over the descriptions of the taste.
- Watching The Polar Express; is there a better movie for getting you in the Christmas mood? Has to be watched snuggled on the sofa under a blanket with hot chocolate. If we had a log fire that would be burning also.
- Going to a Christmas market; Frome is the new discovery and current favourite. Love finding new local producers of fabulous food. Cheese, chutney, bread, chocolate the list goes on. Must have some music or singing in the background and a hot drink to walk around with.