Man, Dad, Runner, Chief dog walker

A little oasis

This is my favourite spot in the garden at the moment, a little oasis in amongst the sun burnt grass and vegetable patch gasping for water. When the sun goes down behind the trees and the intense heat and light of the day are gone this corner comes alive. The vibrant purple flowers of the lavender look and smell incredible, full of bees buzzing and gently moving in the breeze. It’s hear you can find peace and calm with a cup of tea once the children are in bed.

My little oasis.

Lavender 1

Bracken laying by Lavender

Lavender 2

16 Responses to “A little oasis”

1. Sarah @apartyofseven says:

is she waiting for you to take her for a walk? your garden looks lovely :)

2. Paul Wandason says:

Looks like a beautiful spot you’ve chosen! I’m guessing that after your children are in bed, you need them to actually go to sleep to perfectly enjoy your oasis!

3. AnnieMammasaurus says:

Beeeeeautiful! I’ve been enjoying the same in the evenings this week sat out but our lavender bush – that’s gone totally mad this year in terms of growth.Our purple flowers aren’t out as much as yours yet but nevertheless the bees are loving it! Loving your oasis of calm x

4. Helen Sims The good life mum says:

Oh your lavender looks great mine hasn’t bloomed yet yours looks like its lavender gone mad wonderful. Love your pooch

5. Charly Dove says:

Loving the oasis – the lavender is just amazing. Far far nicer than ours! Adore that photo of your dog too, I’ve not had a dog since I was 19. One day we’ll get one for POD I’m sure :)

6. Emma Tustian says:

Wow, a springer staying still. Ours are still as nutty as usual even in the heat.

7. Mrs TeePot says:

awww what a gorgeous doggy!

8. Katie R says:

I know I’m supposed to be looking at your garden, but your springer is so pretty and silky! After walkies in the morning I’ll be at ours with the brushes!