Man, Dad, Runner, Chief dog walker

The Gallery – Drink

Cup of tea in the garden

My neighbours now officially think I’m odd, within the space of a few hours they saw me cycling around my garden like some sort of big kid and then taking lots of photos of a half drunk cup of tea. I have no doubt they are looking up the phone number for the local psychiatric hospital as we speak.

It probably didn’t help that my explanation for cycling around the garden was that I was testing my new bike and more importantly shoes for a race where I’m doing 105 miles of running, cycling and kayaking in one day. The look on their face said “ooookkkk, what sort of weirdo does that sort of thing”. That would be me then.

Crazy? Most probably.

But practise was needed, this is the first time I’ve owned a road bike and the sure to make you look like an idiot clipless pedals that come with them. I managed to go around the garden without falling over but we shall see what happens when I really do need to stop suddenly. Of course this is thirsty work and with the glorious weather of the weekend a tasty cup of lady grey hit the spot perfectly.

Now where did I put my extra padded lycra shorts?

I’m linking this post up to the Gallery over on Tara’s blog, you can find all the other entries by clicking here.

23 Responses to “The Gallery – Drink”

1. Yep, you must have looked proper mental. Only reinforced by the fact that you’re taking on such a ludicrous endurance feat.

2. Jaime Oliver says:

lol lol i do hope you have mastered it before your 105 miles o frunning, cycling and kayaking!! i so wish i had your energy!

P.s loving the mug! :-)

3. OneDad3Girls says:

105miles have you lost the plot?

Very good luck for the race

4. Notmyyearoff says:

Oh my god 105 miles!!! Wow! (Lady Grey is very nice!)

5. ahhh Lady Grey, have a friend that lives in Germany, I used to post her Lady Grey as she couldn’t get it here. So I’ve bought mountains of it but never tasted it! DOes the other side of that mug say “you’ve pulled” ?

6. Herding Cats says:

Ha ha. My neighbours are now well used to seeing me in the garden with my bottom in the air taking pictures of the lawn.

7. sabrina montagnoli says:

Should I have guess you were a cup of tea man? I do like your cup!

8. My OH cycles with those shoes, i have no idea how he doesnt just fall on his face when he has to stop! lol. Oh and we are a lady grey household too. Tho we need to find a cheaper source, we drink far too much and its pricey!

9. Mother Goutte says:

I’m intrigued about the size of your garden! Or was it an exercise in control? :)

10. Gailann Houston says:

That’s a lot of physical activity you’ve got lined up, I feel tire just thinking about it!

11. Jallie Daddy says:

Ben the Iron Man! Impressive!

12. I’m with your neighbours on this one – can I tempt you to lounging on the sofa instead?