Man, Dad, Runner, Chief dog walker

The Gallery – bond

This is my entry for this weeks gallery, you can view the rest of the entries here.

Matilda is at the age now when she is starting to make real bonds with her friends, she recognises when we walk past their houses and says ‘knock, knock’ to get us to go and say hello. One her best friends is a little girl from our NCT group who is just a week younger than her. The two of them truly are thick as thieves and whenever together run around screaching and shouting at each other. They also go to the same childminder so one day a week the poor woman has both of them for a whole day, no wonder she looks knackered when I go and collect Matilda!

I’m writing all this in the knowledge that in a month or so we will be moving and they will see less of each other. We’ll only be 40 minutes away but it does mean a reduction in the time they spend together. Knowing this breaks my heart a little, that we’re responsible for her potentially losing her best friend. Of course she’ll make new ones but these first friendships could be the start of something that lasts a lifetime.

For now though we will just make the most of the times they can see each other and watch as they have fun (N.B the matching suits was completely unintentional, we both independently found a bargain at Muddy Puddles!)

Matilda walking at park

20 Responses to “The Gallery – bond”

1. LauraCYMFT says:

Nice to see your children making friends. Lovely photo and love the matching suits!

2. Sarah says:

Lovely pic, muddy puddles are the best. Good luck with the move.

3. sabrina montagnoli says:

Teehee the matching suits really make this picture though!

4. Jallie Daddy says:

Ah, the guilt of the parent: a feeling I know well! As long as they still see each other I’m sure she’ll be fine. Love the photo

5. Notmyyearoff says:

I love their matching suits – so cute!! This reminds me of z and my niece. She is a bit older but they are always together causing mischief. Looks so cute together but you know they are teaching each other little tricks!

6. Sarah says:

Oh wow, such a cute pic and those puddle jumper suits are fabulous! Lovely that has such a great friendship at an early age. My oldest daughter still writes and visits her ‘birth friend’ – who moved away to Australia at the age of four. Maybe they met in a previous life?!

7. Helpful Mum says:

Aww, what a lovely picture. It is so nice when they have a bond with a friend at such a young age.

8. Such a cute photo! We moved 45 minutes away from our NCT friends last year and we still see each other quite often. The children certainly have a really special bond that is so lovely to see. I’m sure you’ll make the effort to keep in touch so the girls can continue their friendship too.

• Ben says:

I think it’s partly because they spent so much time together as babies with the mums meeting up 2 or 3 times a week. Surely the best thing about the NCT?

9. Charly Dove says:

This is a great post and you can tell they’re thick as thieves already. I’m sure you’ll all still see each other, just perhaps not as regularly. They do look great together :)

10. They’re so cute running down the lane together. I’m sure you’ll make the effort so they can still one another. It looks like a friendship that’s built to last!