I hadn’t planned to join up with the listography this week but this topic is right up my street, or to be more exact the lady of the manors. She is obsessed with mugs and despite my protests new ones seem to appear at regular intervals. So I have just popped next door to snap my personal favourites from the cupboard, of course even though we have this massive collection of china the lady of the manor uses only 1 almost exclusively.
- Firstly my favourite and the one I am using right now for a nice cup of Earl Grey. This one appeared in our kitchen while we were away on holiday courtesy of my mum (see what I have to contend with?). A charity shop find no less and a fine one at that as its a John Lewis mug.
- This one has a lot of sentimental value, it’s from Tintagel pottery in Cornwall. Tintagel was where I proposed to the current lady of the manor you see. She can never resist stopping off at small potteries and we spotted this one on the drive home after the question was asked. We also have a matching tea pot 🙂
- Ok, so not technically a mug but I do enjoy a cup of espresso and this is my favourite one for those afternoons of working from home when a little kick is needed.
- The 4th in this little selection is my go to mug when I’ve got a caffietiere on the go. Another local pottery purchase, this time from Port Isaac a couple of years ago when on holiday with a 8 week old Bracken. Turns out holidaying with a very cute puppy means a lot of people want to say hello to you.
- Finally is this monster cup, the perfect one for a hot chocolate 🙂
Oh and in case you’re interested, here’s the full collection;