So slightly more low brow than lasts weeks challenge, but I am nothing if not adaptable. Now I know you will all have your own opinions and clever arguments for which are the best biscuits but save your breath because quite simply you are wrong. Here’s the right answers:
- Digestive; simple, tasty and good dunking qualities. What more can you ask of a biscuit? Definitely not the chocolate covered ones though, that’s just ruining a classic.
- Ginger nuts; an excellent choice for eating when travelling (ginger is supposed to be a natural cure for travel sickness). A tasty flavour and a nice, solid crunch when you bite into it.
- Malted Milk; these remind me of being a kid and visiting my nan who always had a tin of them. Very moorish and perfect with a glass of milk.
- Jammy Dodgers; the go to biscuit when you have visitors, the jam gives a hint of the exotic and extravagance that digestives just can’t deliver.
- Chocolate Bourbon’s; as a teenage I used to take my paper round money and buy a whole packet of these from the postie for about 30p. Then I’d eat the lot in the 10 mins it took to get home. However please don’t faff around biting one biscuit off, then the cream filling and finally the other biscuit though. That’s just an insult to the biscuit, bite it like a proper man.
If you still need to read other people’s thoughts on biscuits then check out the other listography posts here.